Visit Your San Diego Chiropractor in Kearny Mesa
You may have many questions before choosing to make an appointment with, Dr. Tekin our San Diego chiropractor in Kearny Mesa. Here are some of our most frequently asked questions that we receive from new patients. Always feel free to call with any other questions or concerns you may have.
Discover the Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic treatment can provide several benefits to patients, including:
- Pain relief: Chiropractic adjustments can help to alleviate pain caused by a variety of musculoskeletal conditions, such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, and sciatica.
- Improved mobility: Chiropractic adjustments can help to restore normal range of motion in the joints and spine, which can improve overall mobility and flexibility.
- Better posture: Chiropractic care can help to realign the spine, which can improve posture and reduce the risk of further injury.
- Reduced muscle tension: Chiropractic adjustments can help to relieve muscle tension and spasms, which can improve overall function and reduce pain.
- Stress reduction: Chiropractic care can help to reduce stress on the body and mind, which can promote overall well-being.
- Alternative to medication: Chiropractic care is a non-invasive and drug-free way to manage pain and improve function, which can be an alternative to medication or surgery.
It’s worth noting that while chiropractic care is typically associated with treating musculoskeletal conditions, some chiropractors may also offer advice on lifestyle changes, such as exercise and nutrition, to help manage symptoms and promote overall health and wellness.
What should I expect upon my first chiropractic visit with your San Diego Chiropractor?
Each chiropractic treatment plan differs. Our San Diego chiropractor in Kearny Mesa, Dr. Tekin, puts your overall well-being as the top priority. During your first appointment, she will discuss your previous health history, evaluate your current condition and create short and long term wellness goals.
During your first chiropractic adjustment, your chiropractor will likely begin by taking a thorough medical history and conducting a physical examination, including a postural and spinal analysis. They may also take X-rays or other imaging studies to get a better look at the structure and alignment of your spine. Once they have a clear understanding of your condition, they will use a variety of techniques, such as manual adjustments, to manipulate the spine and improve alignment. The specific techniques used will depend on your individual needs and the condition being treated. Some patients may experience mild discomfort or soreness following the adjustment, but this is typically short-lived and can be managed with ice or over-the-counter pain medication. Overall, the goal of the first chiropractic adjustment is to begin the process of relieving pain, improving function, and promoting healing.
Are chiropractic adjustments safe?
Chiropractic adjustments are considered safe for several reasons:
- Chiropractors are trained and licensed healthcare professionals. They receive extensive education and training in the use of spinal manipulation techniques, and are required to pass rigorous exams before they can practice.
- Chiropractic adjustments are non-invasive. Unlike surgery, there is no cutting or removal of tissue involved. The adjustments are applied to the joints and spine using gentle force, which helps to improve alignment and function.
- Chiropractic adjustments have been extensively studied. Many studies have shown that chiropractic adjustments are effective in reducing pain and improving function, and are considered to be a safe form of treatment for many musculoskeletal conditions.
- Risks associated with chiropractic adjustments are minimal. Side effects are generally mild and short-lived, such as temporary discomfort or soreness. Serious complications are extremely rare, but in some cases, it can occur.
It’s important to note that as with any medical procedure, there can be risks involved and it’s always recommended to have a consultation with a qualified chiropractor to discuss your health history, diagnosis and treatment options.
Same Day Appointments Are Available
Open on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
What is the Activator Technique?
Chiropractic care typically involves manual adjustments, but the Activator Technique uses a small, hand-held instrument for care. The adjusting instrument delivers gentle impulses along the spine to help treat symptoms such as neck pain, back pain and headaches.
What can I expect from Chiropractic treatment?
Each wellness goal is different, so results will be unique to each individual. The overall goal for every person who sees a chiropractor is to reach a top level of wellness so that the body is functioning properly. Our San Diego chiropractor will track your progress along the way, but you will see increased flexibility, increased mobility, and pain relief among the results of chiropractic treatment.
How do I know if chiropractic is for me?
Chiropractic care, is a natural alternative to medication for pain relief and increased well being. If you are suffering from a sports or car accident injury, chiropractic aids in the rehabilitation process. In addition to the symptoms and conditions that chiropractic addresses, patients also seek treatment to help with proper nutrition, regular exercise, and maintaining an overall healthy lifestyle.